S.E.A. 238, P.L. 161
Effective: §§1-45, 47-124 effective July 1, 2018; §46 effective March 21, 2018
- Changes all references to the division of State Court Administration and the Judicial Center to the Office of Judicial Administration.
- Changes all references to the executive director of the Division of State Court Administration and the Judicial Center to chief administrative officer of the Office of Judicial Administration.
- Repeals the law requiring evening court sessions.
- Section 47 removes prohibition that a magistrate may not enter final appealable order in small claims and protective orders.
- Section 46 increases senior judges per diem to $175 for the first 30 days of service.
- Clears up confusion regarding where petitions for specialized driving privileges must be filed.
- Provides the clerk of the county that maintains jurisdiction over the case shall collect a service of process fee.
- Provides that Indiana Public Defender Commission administers the public defense fund.
- Allows temporary guardianships to be extended for one 90-day period.
- Adds Marion County Small Claims judges as non-voting members of the Judicial Conference.
- Repeals the law describing the division of State Court Administration.
- Repeals the law setting forth the duties of the division of Supreme Court Administration.
- Repeals the law requiring the Judicial Center to maintain a roster of in-state facilities to provide child services in a residential setting.
Read the bill at: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/238