Change of placement of a child in need of services

S.E.A. 128, P.L. 119
Effective: July 1, 2018

Requires that, before changing the out-of-home placement of a child who has been in the same out-of-home placement for at least one year in a CHINS case, the Department of Child Services (department) must file a motion requesting a change in placement and provide notice to the persons affected. Sets forth the procedures for the department to follow if the department determines the out-of-home placement of the child is placing the child’s life or health in imminent danger. Requires the juvenile court to hold a hearing on the question if the person with whom the child is placed files a written objection to the motion.

Read the bill at: