Established by Public Law 284-2013, the Judicial Technology Oversight Committee (JTOC) held its inaugural meeting on September 13th at the offices of the Division of State Court Administration, which is charged with staffing the Committee. A second meeting was held on December 10th in the Indiana Government Center South Building.
Indiana Chief Justice Brent Dickson designated Justice Mark Massa to serve as Chair. The remaining Committee members are:
- Mr. Paul Baltzell, Chief Information Officer of the Indiana Office of Technology
- Senators John Broden (D-South Bend) and Susan Glick (R-LaGrange)
- Representatives Steve Braun (R-Zionsville) and Matt Pierce (D-Bloomington)
- the Honorable Terry Cody, Floyd Circuit Court, representing the Indiana Judges Association
- Ms. Julie Fox, Clerk of Marshall County, representing clerks in non-Odyssey counties
- Ms. Debra Walker, Clerk of Henry County, representing clerks in Odyssey counties
- Mr. David Pippen, Bose McKinney & Evans, LLP, representing the Indiana State Bar Association
- Mr. Mark Dobson, President and CEO of the Warsaw/Kosciusko County Chamber of Commerce, appointed by Governor Mike Pence
The meetings are open to the public.
During the initial meeting, Justice Massa provided a high level review of projects supported by the technology staff of the Division, often referred to as JTAC. Staff demonstrated Odyssey case manager, Odyssey financial manager and Odyssey supervision in addition to highlighting several important INcite software applications. Justice Massa updated the Committee on the progress of two e-filing pilot projects and the work of a committee which is drafting rules amendments pertaining to e-filing.
The agenda for the second meeting included an invitation from the Chair to other case management system vendors to present to the Committee. CSI, Inc. was the only vendor to accept the invitation. At the conclusion of the meeting, a subcommittee was formed to develop discussion topics for future meetings.
The Committee set its next meeting for March 18th at 9:30 a.m. in the Government Center South Building.