Indiana won the bid to host the National High School Mock Trial Championship in 2020 in Evansville, Indiana. Co-chairs for the Championship are Hon. Steven David, Indiana Supreme Court, and Hon. Richard Young, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, Evansville. The other Indiana judicial officers on the steering committee are:
- David Kiely, Vanderburgh County Circuit Court, Evansville
- Heather Welch, Marion County Superior Court, Indianapolis
- Randall Shepard, Retired Chief Justice, Indiana Supreme Court, Indianapolis/formerly of Evansville
- Melissa May, Indiana Court of Appeals and volunteers chair, Indianapolis
- John Broden, St. Joseph County Circuit Court, South Bend
- Philip Simon, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, Hammond
- Marissa McDermott, Lake County Circuit Court, Crown Point.