In September 2018, the 84th Annual Meeting of the Indiana Judges Association (IJA) was held at the JW Marriott in downtown Indianapolis. The event was a part of the Annual Meeting of the Judicial Conference of Indiana. The IJA was established in 1934 and works to cultivate connections and mutual assistance between judges. The IJA also works with representatives of the state to improve Indiana government and to better the administration of justice.
The IJA awarded members of the judiciary, media, and legislature for their statewide work with the communities of Indiana. The awards are as follows:
Judges and Media Award
- Judge William Nelson (Marion County)
- Reporter Linda Jackson (Fort Wayne’s NBC)
Appreciation Award from Marion County Small Claims Court Judges
- Chief Justice Loretta Rush (Supreme Court)
- Judge Sheryl Lynch (Marion County)
- Judge John Baker (Court of Appeals)
Champion of Justice Award
- Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb
- Indiana Senator Rodric Bray
Along with these awards, three individuals were honored by the Indiana Supreme Court for their exceptional work done in the technical field to modernize Indiana courts. Justice David presented on behalf of the Court to recognize the work they have undertaken for the Odyssey Case Management System and other technical advancements.
- Mary DePrez (Trial Court Technology)
- Judge Paul Mathias (Court of Appeals)
- Former Justice Frank Sullivan (Supreme Court)